Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dream alittle dream for Brutus

Portia and Brutus lie, snoozing in their bed. Portia lies softly on her side of the bed, not facing her husband, she is quiet except for the occasional hiccup. Unlike Portia, Brutus snores loudly, but luckily for his wife, he faces away from her. It is a typical night, they are both very tired from their day, but Portia has no idea what Brutus has been asked to do and the big decision he has to make.

“Ahhhhh!”

Portia wakes up to Brutus, hovered over with his sweaty head in his hands. She can't see the terrified look he stares at his hands, but she knows something is not right.

“What is it honey? What's wrong?” Portia asks, trying to stay calm.

“ Nothing, A bad dream thats all.” Brutus replys, but Portia knows her husband too well, and knows he is not telling the truth.

“That was not just a bad dream, what is going on?” She trys again.

“Okay, yes, please forgive me, I don't mean to lie. I just don't want to get you involved in this.” Brutus explains.

“I don't need to hear what is going on, but it might help if you tell me your dream?” Portia asks and waits for Brutus to begin.

“Alright,” Brutus begins. “In the dream, I was walking through the streets of Rome. It was a fine day, not a cloud in the sky, and not too windy. All of the sudden I had this urge to go to the Capitol, it was like a magnet pulling me. When I finally got there, it started to pour rain. I looked up at the sky because I was sure it was a beautiful day a second ago, but sure enough there were dark clouds covering the sky and the wind was blowing fiercely through the trees. I ran inside the Capitol to stay dry. When I got inside, I heard moaning and crying. I ran to chase the noise and as I ran the walls started to slowly grew smaller. I finally reached were the noise was coming from. Right at my feet, Caesar lay on his side. I bent over to take a better look at him and I saw blood rushing from him. I turned him around, so I faced his back, there was a fresh slit with blood pouring out. I stood up to call for help and I noticed a stake in my hand. I lifted the stake to my face to take a closer look; blood was smeared over it and was dripping of the tip, but the part that was not covered in blood was my own reflection. It was my face, but as I stared at it hard my reflection started to laugh. I dropped the stake and started to run, and as I did the laughing grew louder and louder, and the walls grew smaller and smaller.”

Brutus looks up at his wife, because she has not said something for some time, but she just stares back at Brutus, looking terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment