Sunday, November 22, 2009

Diary of a Commoner

Dear Diary,

It feels as though I have not written in days, for so much has happened today. During the
Feast of Lupercal, Caesar was offered the crown by Marcus Antony, we all cheered, nervous, but
excited for him to be our king. And so we waited patiently for Caesar's response, but to our
disappointment he pushed it away with the back of his hand and with no thought even put into his choice. This made me a little irritated with him, I couldn't believe he had put no thought into this at all, I still love the man and for this reason I want him to be our King. We had the same feeling as we shouted back in anger.

Then after hardly any time at all, Marcus Antony offered the crown again. And we cheered, for Caesar might have thought about it again, but he did, as he did the first time, and pushed it away with the back of his hand. This time was a bit different though, for he slowly pushed the crown away as to consider the position. I again I felt mad, as did all the commoners, so we shouted back him.

And again the crown was offered thrice by Marcus Antony. We cheered for him again, but we had little hope for his choice. And Caesar pushed the crown away as he did the first two times, but even slower than the last. Everyone shouted at his response, but I stood silent. I felt that Caesar was wanting the power and needing the crown the last time, and I know he will eventually except the crown, and when he does many of us commoners will be great full.

And as all the commoners shouted after the last offering of the crown, Caesar fell to the ground in a fit. Everyone fell silent at that moment. Caesar has what they call “the falling sickness” and although this frightened and worried us about his health and position, we know Caesar will be our king. He was always and is still meant to be our King no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment